Thursday, January 05, 2006

No pictures today.

I am so freakin' annoyed at EVERY STINKING INTERNET BROWSER out there. Seriously. I try to do something right and upgrade my Firefox to the next update and it completely SCREWS up everything. Argh. So tonight i reached my breaking point--sick of force-quitting and re-starting the damn thing--so I downloaded Opera. And either it has issues with Flickr or Flickr has issues with Opera. I hate this. I just don't know enough about my (or anybody's) computer to get this all figured out. Argh.

On a more positive note, I cleaned up part of my room. Part of it. This is huge. I'm very excited and feel like I accomplished something today. Yay me!

I will soon be posting photos of my Favorite Cat in the Whole Wide World (at this moment). I just have to figure out what's going on with Flickr. Argh.

6 Comments:

At 05 January, 2006 04:57, Blogger Chris said...

Bummer... I tried Opera and it drove me nuts. But Firefox has done pretty well for me. If you have a specific question, I might be able to help. Try egret17 [[[at]]] gmail.

 
At 05 January, 2006 06:46, Blogger Lynda said...

Soooo, so frustrating, isn't it? Hope you get it all figured out. It's scary how dependent I'm becoming on something I know SOOO little about - the inner workings of my computer's mind!

 
At 05 January, 2006 06:54, Blogger Jen said...

Firefox is pretty good, according to the tech guys at work Opera is practically indestructible. Sorry you are having problems - I don't have any trouble with Flickr using Safari...

 
At 05 January, 2006 09:46, Blogger ~k said...

Argh. Yeah Jen, I would love to use Safari, but it doesn't work for me either. Maybe there's something very wrong with something on my computer (poor dear)--although Safari seems to no longer have a version that works with my old and becoming outdated OS 10.2.6. Boy, do I want Tiger-GIMME!

Chris, do you have a Mac?? That is what seems to be the main irksome detail. I have a mac.

Lynda--I seem to know just enough to get myself into a lot of trouble. But then when someone helps me figure it out (JEN) it's usually minor. I should take a class so I can learn it all, never use it and forget it all...wait, maybe I shouldn't take a class!

 
At 05 January, 2006 10:03, Blogger Chris said...

Ah, no, don't have a Mac, sorry! So I probably can't be that much help to you.

I was meanig to point you toward a nice blog of gluten free recipes - have you been to Recipes from a Gluten Free Goddess? Makes me hungry...

 
At 05 January, 2006 10:16, Blogger Jen said...

Go under Terminal and type in the following:

sudo sh /etc/daily (return) (wait)
then
sudo sh /etc/weekly (return) (wait longer)
then
sudo sh /etc/monthly (return) (wait)

Clear your Safari and Firefox caches. Firefox is better with Java than Safari is, so I'd go with that if possible. If I knew exactly what errors you were getting, I could help some more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home