Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Houston, we have a sock...

...it fits, and hopefully it's mate will be joining it very soon (now that I've figured out what needles to use when and what bind-off to do: that would be 3-needle for this sock, folks!). We don't want no stinkin' Second Sock Syndrome here!

Here's my Photo Essay on Sock #1...aka first finished object of 2006! Woot!
Click on photos to see larger version.


Sock and it's future mate.
This is Socks That Rock in Peridot and Periwinkle, pattern is the basic sock pattern from Priscilla Gibson-Roberts on the Interweave Knits site.


Sock from the top.
I started this sock in...well, a long time ago. It took 3 times to get the needle size right (Addi 2 circ for calf, Crystal Palace 1 dpns for remainder). Having to re-make things is not my friend. This is why it took way to long to make this sock.



Sock Toe, up close.
I did the short-row heel and toe and did a 3-needle bindoff instead of the zigzag--it looked wonky and loose and ugly, so I replaced it. This is still kind of bulky, but it's all I have right now and it looks tidy!




Sock heel, up close.
Short row heel. (Please ignore hair in photo...my hair falls out, so does yours, so sue me!)



Sock on foot.
IT FITS! And she likes it. Wanted to wear it to sleep in!




Side view of sock on foot.
I'm running out of things to say about this sock...I do like the way the spirals turned and went the other way when I changed needles.




Short-row heel on foot.
It fits so nicely! I do have the "dreaded hole" however. Must figure out how to remedy that.

And with that, fair readers, we end our
Photo Essay on Kirsten's First Finished Object of 2006.
Thank you. Good night.

4 Comments:

At 04 January, 2006 05:09, Blogger Chris said...

I love the striping on the foot - how fun! Yay for the first FO of 2006. :)

 
At 04 January, 2006 07:02, Blogger Lynda said...

What a pretty sock! I like the colors, and love how the heel looks. I'm gonna have to try a short row heel one of these days.

 
At 04 January, 2006 09:01, Blogger Jen said...

Very pretty, and I think EVERYONE gets those holes. I've not been able to figure out how to get rid of that first one. But doesn't the short-row seam feel so cushy and yummy?

 
At 05 January, 2006 11:04, Blogger Carrie K said...

Nancy Bush has a suggestion for getting rid of the holes in her Folk Sock book - I think it involves picking up an extra stitch there and then knitting the two stitches together a row later. I think.

I love your sock! And oh-so-coincidentally, I knitted a complete sock in my tax class Tues & yesterday (except I still have to seam the toes) and most of the ribbing on the other one. Mine is a plain old gray one, not lovely stripey happy colors like yours.

yay for your first FO in 06!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home