Monday, April 24, 2006

Busy Little Bee...

Hi!

Wow, life has gone nutso on me. I love it! I've been busy with stuff for the trip--I've found passion I forgot I had inside of me! Seriously, it's cool. And I've been chugging along on the Elfine #1...I'm actually very close to being finished...and a wee bit discouraged that I have to do the second sock. And still working on the Green Gable sweater--have I even posted a photo of that progress on that? Here--let me go find it...

Pattern is here, yarn is Cascade Sierra Quattro.
Using a Takumi, size 5, 24"needle.

Do any of you know what Bubble Tea is? It may be only a West Coast thing at this point. It always cracks me up the way things arrive in the US--how trends are decidedly regional, but because we are all in the same country, we mistakenly think things are the same all over. Anyway, I digress...Bubble Tea was the topic, I believe! I had it in Taiwan and about a year ago found a place on the backside of nowhere (which really only means it's far away from me...not really the middle of nowhere...) that had it. Now it's popping up all over the place! It's basically iced tea with milk and tapioca bubbles in the bottom. Looks weird, and if I thought about it too much it would probably be disgusting--chunks of slime in TEA??! But I L. O. V. E. the stuff. Addicted. Delicious....must. have. NOW!

More later...it's far to lovely outside to sit here and type. I can't afford to burn sunlight in Oregon!

7 Comments:

At 24 April, 2006 11:16, Blogger Lynda said...

I love the color of you're Green Gable sweater, but you're obviously going to have to call it something else, no?

I haven't tried the Bubble tea yet... not slimy?

 
At 24 April, 2006 11:17, Blogger Chris said...

Hi stranger!! Glad you hear you all fired up - and that sweater is lovely.

Heh, we have bubble tea here (Minneapolis) - have for about 3 or 4 years. Not one of my favorite things. :)

 
At 24 April, 2006 11:53, Blogger Jen said...

I love the color and love Cascade Sierra in all forms. That yarn is to die for.

 
At 24 April, 2006 12:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've certainly never come across Bubble Tea in the UK - it sounds wierd (but oddly exciting as it's wierd but gf!)

Green Gable is very pretty - and the colour is gorgeous.

 
At 24 April, 2006 18:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

delurking to say bubble tea has been in nyc for quite a while (though i may be merging china town venues with a trip to hong kong 3+ years ago..) it's interesting and addictive. i have the tapioca pearls to make it myself but i haven't yet...

 
At 28 April, 2006 13:37, Blogger Shirley Șerban said...

blah - posted a post and it gone disappeared. :S
For a non-knitter this is a bunch of French to me... have messed up memories of a humpty dumpty I had to make when I was about 8 having more holes than humpty - more post-wall than pre. But yay to have found your blog. I'll email later - am at a weekend worship conference and need to leave in a few mins. It's SO GOOD. :)

 
At 02 May, 2006 12:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...bubble tea. We have it in St. Louis too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home