Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The beginnings of a new sock.

I really really really enjoy learning. It makes me happy.
This morning I learned the Turkish CastOn (AKA Figure 8)!

May I present the beginnings of Elfine's Socks--in yellow Dale Baby Ull (funny how "baby" is English and "ull" is in...uh...Norwegian?) on Addi Turbo 0s. I may have to tweak the pattern...my gauge seems to be 44/10cm instead of 33/10cm. Hmm...is that a problem??




Oh! and in almost as exciting news, I colored my hair again. Dark. The way God intended it to be.


Not that you can see the hair so much in this photo--but look! Smiling! And I may have another permanent part-time nanny position...PLEASE LORD!!

6 Comments:

At 15 March, 2006 05:18, Blogger Chris said...

That's a great picture of you!!! Love it. :)

Yay, sock! It's better to have socks knit tightly, right??

 
At 15 March, 2006 05:21, Blogger Jen said...

Pretty! I have always liked your hair dark. Remember the time we bleached it? Lord forgive me!

 
At 15 March, 2006 06:14, Blogger Lynda said...

Three Woo Hoos out to you! - learning a new trick, new hair color, and another nanny prospect!

 
At 17 March, 2006 13:24, Blogger Casey said...

Way to go learning the turkish cast-on! I tried it when I started that sock pattern but found it awkward and then I decided on a different pattern.
My stupid computer at work won't load up you pictures right now but I'm sure your hair looks great. I can't wait to see it in person!

 
At 23 March, 2006 23:32, Blogger Felix Chai said...

Hey Kirsten, long time no see! I didn't know I would find your blogs in blogger, I was on board the Doulos pretty much the same time you were there! (I was in book-ex too!) Looking pretty there with the black hair, I love black! Wish you well and all the best! Take Care!

 
At 27 March, 2006 14:12, Blogger Jen said...

"Ull" is "wool" in Nynorsk (Norwegian), so "baby ull" is "baby wool."

There, you learned something! As to why it hates you, I do NOT know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home