Monday, March 27, 2006

Big sigh...

I had a crazy week last week. I was at 5 different houses--that means 5 different Moms and it makes me very tired to meet so many new controlling people. I have more experience than some of these moms and still they have to be controlling and not-trusting. Stress. Stress. Stress. I'm getting fatter from all the stress. Or something. Anyway...fat. I joined 24 Hr. Fitness though. Need some outlet for all the stress and since I can't run (which would be my first choice, ideally...but doc says no running--stupid knee) I figured I may as well--they just built this new facility and it has a pool, so maybe I can swim. Maybe. It's only 2 lanes (what were they thinking??) and I refuse to share a lane because I'm not that great a swimmer, especially now with the fatness and all. But the swimming requires being in a swimsuit, which may not happen either. So maybe I'll just elipticize and ride the bike and do my happy little free-weights. Anyway, I intend on losing some weight. I'm disgusted by myself and quite unhappy about the whole thing.

It's a beautiful day here in Kirsten's head.

The weather today was gorgeous though. That's nice. And I'm reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time. About time, huh Jen?

Oh, knitting. Yeah. Working on the Green Gable sweater, Elfine's socks, Ubernatural sweater. Friday Harbor Sock #2 has to wait until the Elfine's are finished...

2 Comments:

At 27 March, 2006 19:15, Blogger Chris said...

Hey, you - yowza, sounds like a horrific week. Blech.

Accursed winter weight. I hugely recommend biking. My body does not do running. Walking's ok, but again - body does not approve of useful levels of walking for fitness. But biking - oh yeah. 15 miles/day, 4-5 days/week melts off the pounds.

Hang in there!!!! And dang - you have a whole lotta kitting going on there. :)

 
At 28 March, 2006 04:53, Blogger Jen said...

I am crawling out of my winter hibernation as well...blech.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

Love P&P! Hang in there, sweetie. I feel for you on the "expert" thing - people want an expert but then they flip out when you are one. Sorry it's been a terrible week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home