Sunday, March 12, 2006

Friday Harbor Socks

That is my current knitting obsession. However...I just did a Google search and found several entries in flickr. Umm, yeah--I completely, utterly, TOTALLY messed up the top bit-o-lace. Really. I had my suspicions, but you can't see it very well in the photo in the book (Knitting on the Road, Nancy Bush). Anyway. The most exciting part: I DON'T CARE! Because I absolutely am in love with the Fleece Artist yarn. Y'all need to CLICK HERE and buy yourself some, because it's really beautiful. I keep holding it up to admire the gorgeous yumminess of the colors all floating around being smashing. And saying, "I love this yarn," to which Lisa currently answers: "Yes, I know." I imagine soon it'll be: "SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR DAMN YARN!"

"Yes, unless you are going to give it to me,
I don't want to hear another word about the yarn..."


Also, I am having a "Need-to-knit-a-sweater" Phase. I'm liking the Blue Sky Alpacas Zip Cardi, Wendy's Essential Stripe Sweater, and this Zephyr pattern. Oh dear. I really really really want to knit a sweater. I've only done one previously. It turned out really well, but I discovered that worsted weight 100% cotton is not my best friend. But it turned out nicely. Anyway, thinking of Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece for any of the above sweaters. Or the new KnitPicks Main Line--but I don't like the color selection at KnitPicks as well. Like it matters--I'm out of work for 3 weeks starting Friday, so yarn buying is on hold. (OK, not totally out of work, but the family I work for is going to Australia and I will be trying to get temp jobs--and hoping I don't end up having an anxiety attack over meeting new people every day...STRESS...must get red wine immediately!!)

And am I the very last person in the world to find these FREE PATTERNS??

1 Comments:

At 13 March, 2006 06:15, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, good try with the kitty mind control tricks, Jamal!

I have some Fleece Artist tucked into my stash, waiting... :)

I like knitting with Cotton Fleece. It can be a little splitty, but it's not too expensive and it's SOOO much nicer than 100% cotton. I make a lot of baby things from Cotton Fleece.

Good luck finding work. That would be stressful for me, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home