Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

The Official Answers to the Official Questionnaire! I'm so excited!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes. Yarn snob. That's me. I love wool, I love alpaca more. I dislike acrylic profusely...Calmer is ok. I do avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I want to learn to spin--I ogle spindles online often...
I do crochet, but not often. I enjoy knitting much better.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a hand-sewn case my mom and I made and two little makeup case-type things for notions.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Almost 5 years! Crazy! I guess I'd say intermediate--but I don't really know what the qualifications for these levels would be!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
My Amazon WishList
My Froogle WishList

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Usually "clean" scents or kinda natural scents...does that make sense? I like lavender, lemon...not a fan of musky scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I definitely have a sweet tooth! However, anything edible must be gluten-free: no wheat, barley, rye or oats. You’d be surprised how much stuff has hidden wheat in it. Current USA fave is Milky Way Midnight. I definitely prefer European chocolate, but it's hard to come by here.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
A bit of sewing...

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most types of music. I’m mostly into alternative stuff right now. Yes, my computer plays MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like deep colors. Jewel tones, reds, blues...maybe I like all colors...I can’t really think of any I dislike!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My apartment contains 3 humans and 3 felines. Each feline has one human!

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love hats! I wear hats, scarves, mittens...I own 2 ponchos that I have only worn one time each.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Alpaca and alpaca blends, wool, cotton.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Squeaky acrylic.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socsk, handwarmers/gauntlets/wristlets, fair isle, cables. I have to have a lot going at once or I tend to get bored, so really nothing is really at the obsessive level for more than a day or so...I like to try new things. Learning is FUN!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I’m discovering that I like items that are fairly quick to do, but aren’t mindless. Like fairisle mittens. Or a new stitch pattern for a scarf...

17. What are you knitting right now?
Oh flip. I have probably 15 UFOs right now! Clapotis, mittens, scarves, a Knitted Babe, slippers, socks!

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Oh yes! I really love that someone would take the time to make ME something! I discovered this at Christmas when my friend gave me a scarf she made...I almost cried!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Prefer circulars. But I use both.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love my Crystal Palace bamboo dpns. I also love my Denise interchangables! And my Addi's...Pretty much anything.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope. Would love to have a ball winder though. Someday.

22. How did you learn to knit?
Self-taught from a booklet I bought, aided greatly a year later by the purchase of Stitch ‘n Bitch!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably a year or so.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Not sure who my fave animated character is...but my favorite bird is the penguin. They’re my favorite.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Don’t think I have a favortie holiday...

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Nope.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Ooo, of course! Right now Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush and Sensational Knitted Socks are high on my list. Needles, not so much. Patterns, not so much.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Everything there is to learn. I’d like to try 2 socks on 2 circs--I think...Oh, and I totally want to learn to knit continental. I've tried it, but it just frustrates me...

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh yes. :o) I’m a women’s USA size 7: hang on, getting the measuring tape...9 in long, 8.5 in around at ball of foot.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
06/03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home