Monday, February 27, 2006

Nothing. (beware the non-fun post...)

I have so many things I should get done around the apartment today:
  • Clean the messy kitchen (oh, for a dishwasher...),
  • put a second coat of paint on the blue wall,
  • go through and put away stuff still in boxes (yes, we still have boxes around...)
  • organize my room,
  • clean the bathroom...
And things I need to do in order to snag a second nanny gig and possibly be able to pay all my bills on time:
  • call Heather again,
  • call Family A,
  • call and tell Them I am indeed available for temps...
As well as things I could do to avoid doing those other things:
  • knit other KnittinMitten,
  • finish other red sock,
  • spin more blue yarn (OH! I haven't posted about my class...),
  • post about drop spindle class,
  • start another new project or 8,
  • finish Christmas knitting (I know...),
  • go for a walk,
  • read a book,
  • watch tv...
Instead I want to do NOTHING. Seriously. Nothing is motivating me, not even reading blogs and seeing cool knitted projects--in fact, that just makes me sadder. Not even the thought of being able to pay my bills. Not even...anything. Been like this for approximately a week now...yuck.

Am currently wondering what (if anything) will snap me out of this funk. Perhaps just doing the things I know need to be done--getting them out of the way and then doing something fun.

Have I mentioned that nothing sounds fun?

On a more positive note: I have been gluten-free for 7 days. Oh, and I will be in Croatia for my birthday this year. That's kinda cool.

4 Comments:

At 27 February, 2006 14:04, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so sorry things are rotten lately, friend. Do you have a LUSH bath bomb handy? Or a pint?

(Sorry, should not recommend pints to sad friends, as friends will surely go downhill and slide from sadness to tears in no time.)

I don't think you should try to snap out of it. I think you should positively relish being in your funk. Wear it proudly! Just for today. (PS, your body is detoxifying, and you'll snap out when it finishes. Drink water.)

I love you utterly!

 
At 27 February, 2006 14:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((((Big hugs)))))))

Hang on in there.

 
At 27 February, 2006 17:29, Blogger Chris said...

*hug*

Do you have happy crazy music? That makes you want to dance around? Dancing around all crazy and silly usually cheers me up...

Is it cloudy there?? Do you take multivitamins? (I'm thinking of all the things that contribute to me feeling down...)

*hug*

 
At 28 February, 2006 00:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dancing...haven't tried that.
Cloudy...uh, yeah...for months...I live in Oregon!
...and I haven't been taking my vitamins, I should re-start that regimin.

Bought some Rescue Remedy homeopathic stress relief. I think I've been in a steadily increasing anxiety attack for months...maybe even years now. Plus this whole celiac thing...yeah.

Red wine helps, right?!
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the virtual hugs and well-wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home