Thursday, January 12, 2006

I think I'm about to rip my sweater...

I have this $9.99 bargain Gap sweater I'm wearing today. I got it because I loved it (good color, cool cabling) and it was only $9.99. Duh. Anyway, today I kept having to pull it down and every time I caught myself in a mirror I thought, "This neckline looks stupid." So I was going to put it in the Goodwill pile. Didn't even occur to me to try to rip it out. But then (than? Does anybody know the grammatically correct word and WHY it's correct?? This drives me nuts...maybe I'll Google it)--suddenly, it did occur to me. So...let the ripping commence! And perhaps I will learn something about the cabling they did on it...only good can come of this!

















"I hereby condemn this sweater to death by frogging..." (ha! there's a funny little pun in there...get it??)

And in other Knitting News:
LACEWEIGHT IS FOR CRAZY PEOPLE.
-and-
The Second Sock is nearing completion...


My profile photo was deemed unworthy of web-wide viewing, so Jamal will be covering for me until I become more photogenic. This could take a while. Good thing HE'S a gorgous hunk of a cat!

6 Comments:

At 13 January, 2006 00:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you tell me about the laceweight! I just ordered some for myself last night...
If you're going to rip out the jumper have you seen this:
http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/thrifty.html - it gives you tips on how to unknit sweaters you've bought.

 
At 13 January, 2006 03:50, Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, what's up with the laceweight there?? :)

I thought it was a good picture!! But Jamal is awfully cute...

 
At 13 January, 2006 04:46, Blogger Jen said...

I'm sorry to say I agree on the laceweight - unless you're making socks, it's a lonnnnng commitment. I keep knitting hairballs somehow.

LOVE the Gap sweater but yeah, what's up with the neck? Rip it and knit Mariah!!!

- the enabler

 
At 13 January, 2006 06:48, Blogger Lynda said...

I loked the old picture too, but Jamal IS very cute.

I never think about ripping store boughts either.... I should go ck my sweater pile...

 
At 13 January, 2006 10:46, Blogger ~k said...

Anne and Chris, I will go into further detail in a forthcoming post about the lace weight...and Anne, I've ripped out a couple seaters from the thrift store I bought purposely to rip, but thanks for the link...I'll go see if I can find some new-to-me tips!

Jen: MARIAH! :o) Should we have a Mariah-along? I'm not sure I'll have enough yarn...

Lynda--it's totally fun to rip OTHER PEOPLE'S work out! Not so much with my own...oddly... :o)

And people, Jamal is definitely cuter than I am!!

 
At 13 January, 2006 14:33, Blogger Chris said...

Well, yeah, just 'cos he's a cat and it's his business to be cute. Chaos has me beat hands down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home