Friday, January 27, 2006

Moving.

So, I'm moving. The excitement starts this evening as we (Lisa and I) dump every box we can into our cars and head over to our new place. It's about 20 blocks from where we live right now, but the situation right now isn't ideal. It was ideal for the original intended purpose: We were only going to be there for 6-9 months and then we were all supposed to be heading off to Lebanon or someplace. This was the plan. So It was actually NO BIG DEAL to be have 3 girls living in a 2 bedroom apartment. We all had a room...mine just happened to be the living room! I chose it, I'm not complaining...we were only going to be ther for 6-9 months after all.

Well, it's 18 months later and I want a door. :o) And the computer NOT to be in the room where I try to sleep. And my bed back. Oh yes, another story.

I will spare you the gory and ridiculous details and simply say that a queen sized bed wasn't working for me in the living room I called my bedroom. So I traded...my bed went to location B, I got a twin sized mattress and bedframe to sleep on. Then I had the twin sized mattress taken from me (this is the recently stolen mattress that was living in the basement), so Lisa bought a futon and I've been sleeping on that for some time now. Meanwhile, my bed was relocated to another friends house and I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get it back. She just had a baby and her mother is sleeping on my bed in their extra bedroom while visiting and helping out. This whole bed thing has turned into The Giant Bed Fiasco.

I will be posting pictures of my New Door, it is that exciting for me! But I will not be posting that for a couple days. Camera is packed, internet not yet up in new apartment.

Doesn't this sound like f.u.n.? :o) And I haven't even mentioned the cats and how much Jake HATES to be relocated...oh dear. Jamal has neer moved with us, so that will be a new adventure for all of us. Poor Jakey. I expect we won't see him for a week...

Here they are...Jake is the black kitty, Jamal is the other.

3 Comments:

At 27 January, 2006 11:54, Blogger Chris said...

They look pretty happy in the picture - little do they know...

Oh, I wish I lived near you - I would help you move!! Ye gads, what a saga of bed woes...

 
At 27 January, 2006 21:21, Blogger Jen said...

Steady on, dearie. If all else fails, go to KMart and spend $30 for a Swiss Army air mattress - it has a built in pump and is very comfy. Just don't knit in bed. You'll roll over on the needle and pffft! no more bed.

Smack me, just smack me. I deserve it! :)

 
At 30 January, 2006 13:45, Blogger Carrie K said...

Moving! what fun! not. Sheba always hated moving, and we did it a lot.

Good luck! And a door! I know the feeling, even if it was my roommate who used to live in the living room. We had two bedrooms. It was not a good thing.

Oh, and on your bandwagon post, I read something a few years back how one of the baby boomers would get interested in a "new" craft, being all "individualistic" (but not very grammatical) and then discover hordes of contemporaries getting into the same thing. A zeitgeist, if you will. Or mob rule ;) Or, in more knitting friendly analogy form, we're all just sheep. But some of it looks fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home