Monday, January 23, 2006

Oh no, oh no...

OH NO!!

It's HER fault, my downstream SP7! Because she's a spinner so I'm looking for spinner-y type stuff to spoil her with, ya know?? She's a spinner. I don't have a spindle or a spinning wheel. I don't have any roving, or raw wool, or whatever...but now, NOW I have actually touched the yummiest, softest, yummiest roving EVER. Ok, it's the only roving I've ever touched, but I think I ruined myself by choosing this particular yummy stuff to touch first. And may I say that the only reason I don't own a spindle right this very moment is: they were out. Thank the Lord who loves me and knows my limits, they were out.

However.
I did sign up for a drop-spindle class.
Gulp.
I'm history.

You see, I've been reading about other people learning to spin. I've been fascinated by the process since I found out one of my friends has spun since she was a kid. Even raised her own little sheepie, sheared it, etc. So when we were in Scotland we brought her 1/2 a fleece back. That was...umm...2004? Yeah, April 2004. And now all these blogging knitters are showing off their pretties they have spun...I'm so in trouble.

Did I mention that the roving was yummy?

5 Comments:

At 23 January, 2006 15:46, Blogger Lynda said...

Oh man - you've been sucked over to the dark side. I can't wait to see where this leads!!!

 
At 23 January, 2006 16:20, Blogger Chris said...

No! You can still save yourself!!!

 
At 23 January, 2006 21:00, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, you're hosed. Utterly. For this reason I will not touch roving.

You know what happened when I touched sock yarn, right? Now I need Trekking XXL. Claudia Handpaints. Fleece Artist Merino. Opal. Artyarns Ultramerino. Koigu.

Now imagine that happening with spinning. I'd be toast.

You're hosed, my friend.

 
At 23 January, 2006 21:38, Blogger Sara M said...

you're doomed. surrender now while you can ;)

 
At 24 January, 2006 00:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your pain Kirsten - I...must...not...buy...roving. I...must...not...buy...a...spindle - just walk away from the spindle, walk away... Arrrrggghhh!

Happy spinning gf friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home