Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ahem.

Today is better. I mentioned to Anne a post that Cara/Stephanie wrote about the whole knitting blogger's bandwagonny behavior...it's really good ( the post...) and makes me glad that others take the time to write down things I agree with, because honestly, I wouldn't take the time to do it. I just stew here in the real world and let others write excellent blog entries! Anyway...check this out. It's good.

Syd is being the sweetest little 13 mo old this week. That helps. She's doing so many fun new things and she has adopted this funny little smile where she squinches up her face and grins from ear to ear when she's pleased with herself. So cute. And we're going up and down the stairs about 10 times a day now as well. That's always a fun time!! She's also picking up random objects and holding them to her ear, jabbering away like she's on a very important phone call. Kids. Adorable.

In knitting news, I am trudging along (still) on the Windowpane Seaman Scarf from knitpicks...I actually really enjoy knitting this pattern up--the cables are done differently than I have done cables before, but I like that...new and different keeps things exciting. I'm using Plymouth Outback Wool, not the knitpicks yarn called for in the pattern. And the Opera Scarf--now that's some boring knitting, albeit very pretty--I have to knit that while watching TV or listening to Podcasts or something to keep my mind otherwise engaged. I've also taken up putting a pin at the row I start on each time I pick it up so I can actually see my progress. I love the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK I'm knitting that in. Sometime in 2006 I will finish my Christmas 2005 knitting!

I'm feeling the need for a knitting challenge(but not on the order of the Knitting Olympics!)--or at least learning something new. Not sure what. Hmm. Any ideas?

The following may be deemed T.M.I.--you have been warned...
In cat news, Jake (large fluffy black Maine Coon mix) seems to have gotten a wild hair up his butt. He has been a wee bit odd the last few days. Last night he decided that licking my sweatpants was fun--for like 45 minutes. Then it was all about digging and trying to wrestle them into submission or something. Lisa and I were dumbfounded and giggly at the same time. Then, in the midst of that entertainment, Jamal (large fluffy Ragdoll mix) started dragging his rear end around the house. I've seen DOGS do this...scratching an itch or needing anal glands cleaned or something--but never a cat. That one nearly had us peeing our pants! There he was, up on his hiney dragging himself around with his front legs. Very bizarre. So I grabbed him to make sure he was ok (still laughing nearly hysterically) and it turns out he had a small poo stuck to his hairy tail. Poor little guy! He was very distraught about the whole humiliating ordeal...poor dear.


.

4 Comments:

At 26 January, 2006 11:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post about bandwagons. Thanks for the link. (And carry on enjoying your Clapotis ;-) )

Love the description of Syd "on the phone" - Ruth is the same. It gets sometimes so that I almost believe that there's someone there.

 
At 26 January, 2006 12:57, Blogger Chris said...

What the heck is it with black cats and sweatpants?!

Sounds like today is a better day for you - very glad to hear it!

 
At 27 January, 2006 12:05, Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 27 January, 2006 12:22, Blogger Jen said...

Let's try that again.

I lost interest in my Jaywalkers when everyone started knitting them. I have a bad attitude about it.

(There, that's better.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home