Saturday, May 28, 2005

More yarn...just what I needed...

My friend Christina gave me a tour of her upstairs in her house today
and we ran across a bag of clothes. This sweater ("Handmade by Jean,"
said the tag) was in it and I saw the pink and pulled it out.

"You can have that," says Christina, "not my color or style."
"Yeah, I'll take it. It won't fit, but I can take it apart and use the yarn!" says Kirsten.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So now I have this sweater (well, the yarn that was this sweater...) to make one of the shrugs from Spring 2005 Interweave Knits! Someday. Not soon. The pattern knitted into the sweater was cool. I took a close-up. The edges were finished with crab stitch, so I got to see it up-close-and-personal for the first time. Really makes a nice finished-looking edge. Especially
compared to the edge after I pulled out the crab stitch. V messy and loosey-goosey without it. Must try it sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home